Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Shopping Mojo

Mom & I spent the day shopping and I was on fire. My mission: to find some fun new jewelry, a new brown purse (to replace my 10-year old one which seems to be showing its age), and a brown winter hat.

Not only did I find exactly what I was looking for (on mega sale), I found a charcoal gray wool coat 50% off at Macy's. There was a button missing but as I tried on the coat, I found the button in the left hand pocket. At the register, I asked if I could have more of a discount on the coat due to the detached button, but the cashier said no. Then after chatting with me and Mom, the cashier said, "Well, I'll go ahead and give you another 10% off." Whoo hoo!

When we stopped at the bookstore to use a 40% coupon I had for any book, we were treated to free coffeecake and chai tea samples as we walked through the store. At the checkout, the clerk said, "Oh, looks like you have $5 in reward bucks you can use."

Lastly, we were driving down the street on our way to lunch when I scared my mom to death. "OMIGOD!" I chirped. Poor Mom. I couldn't hide my excitement as I eyed a Sonic drive-in. Sonic, my old Nashville haunt. In Michigan. Of course, I had to stop and get a cherry limeade, for old time's sake.

I told you...I was on.

Mom told me that I should've bought a lottery ticket that day.

1 comment:

The Critic said...

Hell yeah you should have bought the lottery ticket. I almost always do when I'm having a great day where everything just meshes and is full of bonuses. Sadly, the great day extends only so far, but hope springs eternal.