Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Celebration #1

We celebrated Christmas with my Mom and Pseudo Pop today.  G shoveled and salted the sidewalks and driveway.  "No broken hips today!"

Today's menu included roast duck (for Pseudo Pop), beef tenderloin (for the rest of us), wild rice, noodles Romanoff, and braised red cabbage.  Oh, and we started with crab cakes.  Whole Foods Market advertised fresh Dungeness crab, cleaned and cracked, between 12-4 yesterday.  We arrived at the store at 1:30 to find...no more fresh crab.  Grrrr.  G found a can of crab on sale, but I was crushed that I wasn't able to see the fishmonger cracking the crabs.  Though once I tasted a crab cake today, I forgot all about it.

After dinner?  Coffee, tea, and presents!  I'm so grateful for my family.  And for my presents.

This recipe has become a Christmas tradition at our house:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/roast-beef-tenderloin-with-mushroom-ragout-recipe/index.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have such a good son-in-law.
What a wonderful dinner and fun day we had with you both. Thanks for the awesome presents. Hope you liked yours.