Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Favorite Films of 2010

So not all of these films came out this year, but I did see them in 2010.

The Ghost Writer (starring Ewan McGregor)
I was wowed while watching it and I'm still wowed just thinking about it.  In fact, I think I'm going to place it in my Netflix queue after writing this post.

Inception (starring Leonardo DiCaprio)
Mind blowing, visually stunning, superbly acted...a puzzle within a puzzle within a puzzle (courtesy of puzzlemaster/director Christopher Nolan).

Miss Marples (starring Margaret Rutherford)
I read a handful of Agatha Christie novels this year and did some research about film versions.  I discovered a series of Miss Marple films from the early sixties and was completely charmed.  Rutherford IS Miss Jane Marple and she's a delight to watch.  I wish they'd made more.
(Murder, She Said, Murder at the Gallop, Murder Most Foul, Murder Ahoy!)

The Other Guys
I loved the sendup of cop buddy movies and I loved Mark Wahlberg in a comedy.  The movie theater's sound system stopped working about 3/4 of the way into the movie.  I didn't get to see the ending, but this still made my list.

Toy Story 3
Just under the wire.  G gave me this for Christmas and we watched it this week.  It's always fun to see these characters again, it's a fantastic story, and it made me cry like a baby.  Pixar can do no wrong.

No comments: