Thursday, October 11, 2007

Zing Bar

I've neglected writing at length about Zingerman's, the 25-year old deli here in Ann Arbor. It's a foodie paradise and worthy of many posts.

Last night I found a gift from G when I arrived home from class--a new Zing candy bar. There's a guy named Charlie Frank who has started making candy bars at Zingerman's. His previous creations were the Zzang! Original (honey nougat, caramel, peanuts) and the Cashew Cow (roasted cashews, cashew brittle, puffed rice, milk chocolate). The new bar, What the Fudge!, is made of malted milk cream fondant, milk chocolate fudge, and muscavedo brown sugar caramel. All of the candy bars are hand dipped in Ecuadorian dark chocolate.

Two words: stocking stuffer.

3 comments:

The Critic said...

two more words:

Oh my fucking god....

*drool*

jim said...

I WANT A WHAT THE FUDGE BAR IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Coincidences?

I was searching for Zing Wine Bar in Ipswich, UK and found your post via Google.

Usually I wouldn't open the link but after reading both 'G' and Zing Bar I had to have a little look.

You see the barman in Zing Wine Bar is called Gus or 'G' to friends, coincidences are great.