Monday, November 12, 2007

Gym Again

Today was my first trip to the gym in weeks. We belong to a community gym that is super convenient. Just a five minute drive (with traffic lights) straight north from our street. That street has been under construction for a few months though and I've used that as my main excuse for not visiting the gym.

The barrels are gone now and my waistline has expanded so it's back to the gym I go. When I pulled into the parking lot this morning, the first thing I saw was a woman leaving the gym lighting up a cigarette. So I entered the gym chuckling to myself. Ah, and that brings back the childhood memories of going for bike rides with my parents. Sometimes they would light up while they were pedaling alongside me. I would always try to speed up. They probably thought I was avoiding the smoke. Actually, I was trying to make sure that no one thought I was with them.

3 comments:

The Critic said...

I got to watch my sister-in-law sing karaoke at the water park we went to and her eight year old daughter was having one of her first public humiliations at her parents who are just so completely uncool.

It was kind of amusing, kind of sad.

Anonymous said...

I want to know who the Critic is and I'm sorry.

The Critic said...

Who the critic is? Why, he's Roger Ebert, of course.

Why not follow the linksie dinksie, anonymous?