Friday, September 21, 2007

Brunch with Mom












Mom & I decided to make a fancy brunch for ourselves. I drove up to her place and we stopped at a few grocery stores to pick up some ingredients. We don't get to see each other much when I have classes so we talked so much we barely came up for air.

There's a fancy schmancy market in her town that we always find an excuse to visit. As we looked at the chicken sausage with feta and spinach, at the homemade slabs of mac and cheese, Mom said, "Do we need anything here?" Me: "No, I just like being here. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside."

The market sells Zingerman's bread and pastries so I treated us to a couple of cookies and a palmier especially for Mom.

We finally sat down for our brunch around two o'clock. Mushroom and shallot quiche with Swiss cheese, lemon raspberry French toast strata, and sauteed apples and bacon.

No comments: