Tuesday, September 4, 2007

When the Cat's Away


G's on a business trip so I spent the last day of my summer vacation solo, doing precisely what I wanted.

I slept in. I watched the Golden Girls while I enjoyed an English muffin. The Golden Girls just kill me. They're like a precursor to Sex and the City, a senior version of Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte. With pure 80s ridiculousness.

I read a little. I started Thunderstruck by Erik Larson last week. I've had some trouble concentrating on it (I've certainly not been swept away) so I alternated between reading the book and watching a marathon of HGTV's Design Star. I guess shades of green are "in" right now. They painted a lot of green walls.

After an afternoon of sitting on the couch, I decided that I wasn't in the mood to cook dinner. What was I in the mood for? Chocolate chip cookies and milk.

Perfection.

3 comments:

The Critic said...

..and I sat at my desk at the end of the day at my new job and I looked out at Mike B.'s big blocky head.

And it all seemed so strange...

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you - we all need a few "cat's away" moments in our life. You couldn't have chosen a better dinner -- cookies~!!

Anonymous said...

I just finished the book 2 weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. I hope you finish it. The author does a great job of weaving the two stories together. Who would have thought that the invention of wireless could be so intriguing? :)

Anyway, I am a librarian at the Toronto Public Library and this month we are talking about Thunderstruck on our online book club "Book Buzz". If you are interested, visit us at http://bookbuzz.torontopubliclibrary.ca/index.html

Thanks for your time, Dawn