Monday, September 17, 2007

Congratulations 30 Rock!


30 Rock was named Best Comedy at the Emmy Awards last night and I couldn't be happier. When accepting the award, creator/writer/star Tina Fey joked about the show's low ratings by thanking its "dozens and dozens of viewers." I tell everyone I know about this show. Season two premieres Thursday, October 4th at 8:30pm on NBC.

Some of my favorite dialogue from season one:

Liz Lemon: Why are you wearing a tux?
Jack: It's after 6. What am I, a farmer?

Jenna: That guy wanted to buy you a drink!
Liz: Really? But I already have a drink. Do you think he'd buy me mozzarella sticks?

Tracy: The Black Crusaders are a secret group of powerful Black Americans. Bill Cosby and Oprah Winfrey are the chief majors, but Jesse Jackson, Colin Powell and Gordon from Sesame Street, they're members, too, and they meet four times a year in the skull of the Statue of Liberty. You can read about that on the Interweb.
Liz: Ah, well, it must be true if it's on the "Interweb."

Tracy: I'm gonna make you a mix tape. You like Phil Collins?
Jack: I've got two ears and a heart, don't I?

No comments: