Sunday, August 5, 2007

Chicago



I didn't post anything on Saturday because we were out 'til the wee hours of the morning. I'd like to say that we were partying like rock stars. But no. We went to the theater to see the musical Wicked and then to a wine bar. But we were out on a Saturday night past midnight. That's pretty crazy for ol' married people.

Sunday we returned to Wishbone for another delicious breakfast. G wanted to try the crunchy French toast. (Superb.) I had the Red Eggs--two eggs any style on corn tortillas covered with black beans, cheese, chili ancho sauce, scallions, sour cream and salsa. Omigosh. Pure heaven. Halfway through my meal I realized that I hadn't taken the photo I wanted, I was so enthralled with my dish. I'm going to try and recreate it at home.

We stopped for our morning cup of joe at Intelligentsia. G opted for a regular coffee, I had to try a cafe mocha. Dee-lish. We bought a bag of beans as a souvenir.

The temperatures were in the 90s again so we opted for a matinee. We saw The Bourne Ultimatum at a very comfortable, very air conditioned multiplex downtown. We're fans of the Bourne trilogy so we'd looked forward to the third and probably final installment. We were not disappointed. This has been a summer full of cinematic disappointments. Bourne actually delivered. An early action sequence was particularly masterful, without a car chase in sight. The film is well directed and boasts a stellar supporting cast, including Joan Allen and David Strathairn.

No comments: