Thursday, August 30, 2007

Summer Play Day

My mom and I spent the day together and although it wasn't billed as a final summer fling, that's what it turned out to be. The temperature in the 70s, the day started out superbly. I had a free drink owed me at my local coffee shop. I picked up my mocha, turned up the music in my car and drove, orange barrel free all the way to Mom's house.

We went to the Flint Institute of Arts. Yes, there is an art museum in Flint. The museum is gorgeous and well-run; they even have a small theater and play art films.

Afterwards, we found a farmers' market and filled the trunk with bags of radishes, peppers, potatoes, and tomatoes. We stopped at a colossal market in Mom's town and yes, filled up the car with more bags of food.

We went back to Mom's and ate dinner outside on her deck. By the time I drove home, the sun was setting.

So long, summer...

No comments: