Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Place

When my friends have to do something unpleasant or uninteresting or just plain un-fun, I always tell them to go to a happy place. "Close your eyes, plug your ears, and murmur, happy place, happy place!" This usually gets a snicker, but it does tend to work. In random order, here are my top ten "happy places". (Plus, I just love to make lists.)

Any memory that includes my grandpa.

Dining at Zingerman's Roadhouse

My wedding day (I know, super sappy)

Visiting the cider mill with my mom

Flipping channels and finding a Humphrey Bogart movie

Driving through wine country

Eating chocolate chip cookies that just came out of the oven

Stopping at a sidewalk cafe in Paris for a nightcap

Finding a new favorite book, one that just leaves me awestruck

Sunday mornings with G--homemade muffins and scrambles and cups of joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! kat here! visit me @
www.kaysiesdiary.blogspot.com

The Critic said...

how about enjoying the news that a former co-worker got the job where we used to work and now has his own office!

woo hoo!

my first official day on the payroll is labor day monday, my first week is a four day work week. ah, i consider that a good good sign.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I made the list~!
Fall's coming - it's almost time to go there again.

Parker said...

I am getting caught up on your Blog after a long time. Blame it on YouTube. I've missed a lot!

I like your happy places list. Along with places, I have a similar thing with music. There are certain albums I listen to for snapping out of some mood, or navigating an existential crisis, or doing the darn dishes. A few select songs work for all three.