Monday, August 27, 2007

Pizza


I bought some ready made pizza dough last week so tonight's dinner was homemade pizza and a side of salad. I need to practice my rolling skills; I can't seem to make a round. My homemade pizzas are either rectangular or oval. But as long as it tastes good, who cares what shape it is, right?

Spicy tomato sauce, pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese, baked on a pizza stone. Once out of the oven, I garnished the pizza with fresh basil. A delicious little dinner to start the week.

Have I expressed how much I love pizza? I'll need to write an ode to it in a future blog. G and I want to try an experiment this fall. We're going to try a pie from every pizza place in town. Although after tonight's success, maybe we just need to practice making our own pizzas. For my last birthday, my mom gave me a little box of pizza recipe cards. Sausage and pepper pizza. Roasted corn pizza wit sundried tomatoes. Butternut squash and sage pizza. Barbecue chicken pizza. Pizza Margherita.

Pizza makes me so happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pizza makes me happy, too!!!!!

G3 said...

Righto!