Monday, August 20, 2007

shhh


I have a confession to make. I'm having a secret love affair.

With my local library.

I always have a stack of borrowed items, books, DVDs, CDs in my office. I visit the library website every morning to check on what's due. I can request anything I want online so I always click to see if anything is available and waiting for me. Usually I'm at the library at least three times a week. I drop off or pick up, I browse the bookshelves, I walk my fingers through the CD collection every once in a while to discover any must haves.

Whenever G and I are on vacation, we usually find some local bookstores and casually browse. I try to have a notepad with me so that I can write down interesting titles, then when I return home I request them all from my library. RIght now, I think I have fourteen items in my request queue. Plus, I have eight books and three DVDs sitting in my office wanting my attention. This, of course, is addition to the shelves and shelves of books that I actually own. I just can't get enough.

No comments: