Tuesday, August 21, 2007

No Show

I've fully intended on writing about film in this blog. So far, I've been uninspired. First, it's been a lackluster summer. I saw Spiderman 3 in May and it was such a bitter disappointment that I wrote off the summer film season right there. Also, cooking school took my attention away from the big screen. Finally, I've been reading nonstop so that's been another distraction.

There is hope though. Fall is always the best season for film. I just glanced at my latest EW, a fall preview issue, and it brought a thrill to my heart.

New films from Ang Lee, the Coen Brothers. A real Jodie Foster film (not Flightplan or Anna and the King Jodie). A Daniel Day-Lewis film. An Elizabeth sequel. Tim Burton's version of Sweeney Todd. Sean Penn's adaptation of Into the Wild. A Ridley Scott film with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. An indie starring Laura Linney and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Yes, I think that will make up for a lame summer at the show.

2 comments:

The Critic said...

awesome....i always get a little excited about some of the summer blockbusters, but rarely enough to go to see many of them (and the last two summers it's mostly been going to see things like Ratatouille [brilliant, by the by]).

the fall season is where it's at for me, where i almost always getout to the cinema the most. a sequel to elizabeth eh? cate blanchette, be still me beating heart. tim burton's been off his game for some time, so let's hope...

G3 said...

Good news for me, too...